Stage 2 | Subject outline | Version control
Accredited in May 2016 for teaching at Stage 2 from 2018.
Stage 2 | Subject outline | Learning requirements
The learning requirements summarise the knowledge, skills, and understanding that students are expected to develop and demonstrate through their learning in Stage 2 Geography.
In this subject, students are expected to:
- demonstrate knowledge and understanding of geographical concepts of place, space, environment, interconnection, sustainability, scale, and change
- demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the complexity of human–environment interdependence in local, national, and/or global contexts
- use geographical and fieldwork skills, including the use of spatial technologies, to examine geographical features, patterns, and processes
- analyse information to evaluate projections for change, and make recommendations for improvements to human and physical environments
- evaluate the environmental, social, and economic causes, effects, and consequences of change
- communicate geographical information, using subject-specific terminology and visual representations.