Stage 1 | Subject outline | Version control
Accredited in May 2016 for teaching at Stage 1 from 2017.
Stage 1 | Subject outline | Learning requirements
The learning requirements summarise the key knowledge, skills and understandings that students are expected to develop and demonstrate through their learning in Stage 1 Geography.
In this subject, students are expected to:
- demonstrate knowledge and understanding of geographical concepts of place, space, environment, interconnection, sustainability, scale, and change
- demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the nature and complexity of the interdependence of human and physical environments
- use geographical and fieldwork skills, including use of spatial technologies, to examine geographical features
- analyse information to determine management strategies and make recommendations for improvements to human and physical environments
- examine geographical implications of a contemporary local and/or global issue
- communicate geographical information and ideas, using subject-specific terminology and visual representations.