Stage 2 | Subject Outline | Versions control
Accredited in May 2015 for teaching at Stage 2 from 2017.
Stage 2 | Subject outline | evidence-of-learning
Evidence of learning
All Stage 2 subjects have a school assessment component and an external assessment component.
The following assessment types enable students to demonstrate their learning in Stage 2 Essential English:
School assessment (70%)
- Assessment Type 1: Responding to Texts (30%)
- Assessment Type 2: Creating Texts (40%)
External assessment (30%)
- Assessment Type 3: Language Study (30%)
Students provide evidence of their learning through seven assessments, including the external assessment component. Students complete:
- three assessments for responding to texts
- three assessments for creating texts
- one language study.