Stage 1 | Subject Outline | Versions control
Accredited in May 2015 for teaching at Stage 1 from 2015.
Stage 1 | Subject outline | learning-requirements
The learning requirements summarise the knowledge, skills, and understanding that students are expected to develop and demonstrate through learning in Stage 1 Essential English.
In this subject, students are expected to:
- develop communication skills through reading, viewing, writing, listening, and speaking
- comprehend information, ideas, and perspectives in texts selected from social, cultural, community, workplace, and/or imagined contexts
- identify and analyse how the structure and language of texts vary for different purposes, audiences, and contexts
- express information, ideas, and perspectives, using a range of textual conventions
- create oral, written, and/or multimodal texts appropriate for purpose and audience in real and/or imagined contexts.