Stage 2 | Subject Outline | Versions control
Accredited in May 2015 for teaching at Stage 2 from 2017.
Stage 2 | Subject outline | learning-requirements
The learning requirements summarise the knowledge, skills, and understanding that students are expected to develop and demonstrate through their learning in Stage 2 Essential English.
In this subject, students are expected to:
- extend communication skills through reading, viewing, writing, listening, and speaking
- consider and respond to information, ideas, and perspectives in texts selected from social, cultural, community, workplace, and/or imaginative contexts
- examine the effect of language choices, conventions, and stylistic features in a range of texts for different audiences
- analyse the role of language in supporting effective communication
- create oral, written, and multimodal texts that communicate information, ideas, and perspectives for a range of purposes.