Stage 2 | Subject outline | version control
Accredited in May 2015 for teaching at Stage 2 from 2017.
Stage 2 | Subject outline | Learning requirements
The learning requirements summarise the knowledge, skills, and understanding that students are expected to develop and demonstrate through their learning in Stage 2 English.
In this subject, students are expected to:
- analyse the relationship between purpose, context, and audience in a range of texts
- evaluate how language and stylistic features and conventions are used to represent ideas, perspectives, and aspects of culture in texts
- analyse how perspectives in their own and others’ texts shape responses and interpretations
- create and evaluate oral, written, and multimodal texts in a range of modes and styles
- analyse the similarities and differences when comparing texts
- apply clear and accurate communication skills.