Stage 2 | Subject outline | version control
Accredited in May 2015 for teaching at Stage 2 from 2017.
Stage 2 | Subject outline | Evidence of learning
Evidence of learning
All Stage 2 subjects have a school assessment component and an external assessment component.
The following assessment types enable students to demonstrate their learning in Stage 2 English:
School assessment (70%)
- Assessment Type 1: Responding to Texts (30%)
- Assessment Type 2: Creating Texts (40%)
External assessment (30%)
- Assessment Type 3: Comparative Analysis (30%).
For a 20-credit subject, students should provide evidence of their learning through eight assessments, including the external assessment component.
- three responses to texts
- four created texts (one of which is a writer’s statement)
- one comparative analysis.