Stage 1 | Subject outline | version control
Accredited in May 2015 for teaching at Stage 1 from 2016
Stage 1 | Subject outline | Learning requirements
The learning requirements summarise the knowledge, skills, and understanding that students are expected to develop and demonstrate through their learning in Stage 1 English.
In this subject, students are expected to:
- analyse relationships between purpose, audience, and context, and how these influence texts and their meaning
- identify ways in which ideas and perspectives are represented in texts
- analyse how language and stylistic features and conventions are used to convey ideas and perspectives in texts
- create oral, written, and/or multimodal texts for particular purposes, audiences, and contexts
- identify and analyse intertextual connections
- apply knowledge and understanding of accurate spelling, punctuation, syntax, and conventions.