Stage 2 | Subject outline | Version control
Politics, Power, and People
For teaching in 2023. Accredited in May 2020 for teaching at Stage 2 from 2021.
Stage 2 | Subject outline | Learning requirements
The learning requirements summarise the knowledge, skills, and understanding that students are expected to develop and demonstrate through their learning in Stage 2 Politics, Power, and People.
In this subject, students are expected to:
- understand and analyse political concepts and the interconnectedness of Australian politics and the world
- explore political issues by synthesising information and perspectives and reflecting on the barriers to progress and solutions
- propose solutions and make judgments, considering factors such as social climate, political structures, and perspectives
- develop independent and collaborative communication skills in order to express the complexity of political ideas
- reflect on their beliefs, values, and experiences concerning political ideas and concepts
- apply inquiry skills to compare, analyse, and evaluate political issues and perspectives, using a range of evidence.