Stage 1 | Subject outline | version control
Stage 1 | Subject outline | Learning requirements
The learning requirements summarise the knowledge, skills, and understanding that students are expected to develop and demonstrate through their learning in Stage 1 Politics, Power, and People.
In this subject, students are expected to:
- understand and analyse political concepts and the interconnectedness of Australian politics and the world
- apply inquiry skills to compare, analyse, and evaluate political issues and perspectives
- make judgments and propose solutions to political issues, considering factors such as the social climate, political structures, and perspectives
- communicate ideas and arguments using a range of evidence and subject specific language
- develop independent and collaborative communication skills to express political ideas and opinions.