Subject renewal (implementation)
Outdoor Education Subject renewal – implementation
To successfully teach Stage 1 and Stage 2 Outdoor Education as a renewed subject in 2020, we are supporting you and your school with a suite of implementation activities.
To learn why we renew subjects, see Subject renewal and implementation.
Pathway to successful implementation
Implementation activities will be delivered through online PLATO courses and in-person workshops. To gain maximum benefit, it is recommended that you complete the online course before attending any workshops.
This flowchart is designed to guide you through activities used to successfully implement Stage 1 and Stage 2 Outdoor Education at your school in 2020.
Step 1: Online PLATO course
The course will cover:
- an overview of the changes
- sample task sheets
- sample learning and assessment plans
- a marking activity
- possible pedagogical approaches
- a focus on extending the subject’s capabilities
Step 2: Workshops
Workshops will cover:
activities and reflection on refreshing pedagogy for teaching and assessing learning in Outdoor Education
- practical learning opportunities for designing programs, learning and assessment plans, and tasks
- student agency in the use of multimodal ways to present evidence of learning.