Stage 2 in 2021
Nutrition Stage 2
Nutrition is a 20-credit subject at Stage 2 that consists of the following interrelated concepts:
- Principles of nutrition, physiology, and health
- Health promotion and emerging trends
- Sustainable food systems
- Nutrition literacy and numeracy
- Nutrition and technology.
The three strands of science to be integrated throughout student learning are:
- Science inquiry skills
- Science as a human endeavor
- Nutrition science understanding
Combining small classes
Refer to Assessment groups — Stage 2 (Information sheet 1) for information on combining classes to form an assessment group.
For general information about Stage 2 subjects, see Teaching Stage 2.
For workshops, PLATO courses, and Stage 2 assessment panels, see Professional learning.