Stage 1 in 2021
Nutrition Stage 1 in 2021
Nutrition is a 10-credit subject or a 20-credit subject at Stage 1 that consists of the following interrelated concepts:
- Principles of nutrition, physiology, and health
- Health promotion and emerging trends
- Sustainable food systems
- Nutrition literacy and numeracy
- Nutrition and technology.
The three strands of science to be integrated throughout student learning are:
- Science inquiry skills
- Science as a human endeavor
- Nutrition science understanding
For a 10-credit subject, students study two or three nutrition understandings from different concepts.
For a 20-credit subject, students study five nutrition understandings from different concepts.
For general information about Stage 1 subjects, see Teaching Stage 1.
For workshops and PLATO courses, see Professional learning.