Stage 2 | Subject Outline | Versions control
Accredited in June 2017 for teaching at Stage 2 from 2019.
Stage 2 | Subject outline | Learning requirements
The learning requirements summarise the knowledge, skills, and understanding that students are expected to develop and demonstrate through their learning in Stage 2 Music Explorations.
In this subject, students are expected to:
- develop and apply knowledge and understanding of musical elements in exploring and experimenting with music
- explore and experiment with musical styles, influences, techniques, and/or production
- apply musical literacy skills
- analyse and discuss musical works
- synthesise findings from exploration of and experimentation with music, and express musical ideas
- reflect on and critique own learning within music.
Notes: For the purposes of this subject, ‘explore and experiment’ refers to presenting (performing and/or composing) music. A performer is an instrumentalist and/or vocalist. A composer is a generator of original compositions or an arranger of existing compositions. Compositions may be original works or arrangements that are represented in notation or digital audio format.