Modified subjects | Stage 1 | Assessment | Assessment responsibilities
The SACE Board and schools share responsibility for assessment in the SACE.
SACE Board responsibilities
The SACE Board is responsible for:
- the quality assurance process for the school assessment in each modified subject (100 per cent at Stage 1 and Stage 2).
- reporting students' results in the subject.
The SACE Board also provides continual support and assistance to schools.
Schools are partners with the SACE Board in managing their assessment responsibilities, but they have a different role in the assessment process. The school principal has responsibility for the quality of teaching, learning, and assessment in his or her school, including responsibility for implementing SACE Board policies.
The school's role in assessment includes:
- developing and amending learning and assessment plans for each Stage 1 and Stage 2 subject
- providing a 'completed' or 'not completed' result for modified subjects
- submitting student materials for review
- incorporating any adjustments recommended through the review process into final Stage 1 and Stage 2 results.