Stage 1 | Subject Outline | Versions control
Health and Wellbeing
Accredited in November 2019 for teaching at Stage 1 from 2021. This subject replaces Stage 1 Health.
Stage 1 | Subject outline | Capabilities | intercultural-understanding
In this subject, students extend and apply their intercultural understanding capability by, for example:
- demonstrating an understanding of some global health issues
- identifying misinformation and challenging stereotypes
- understanding and appreciating the perspectives of others
- evaluating the impact of cultural diversity on health and wellbeing choices
- respecting and understanding the importance of being culturally sensitive and inclusive when addressing health and wellbeing topics
- respecting different cultural approaches and practices relating to health and wellbeing, including those of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders.