Dance | Subject renewal
Dance subject renewal – implementation
To successfully teach Stage 1 Dance as a renewed subject in 2020, we are supporting you and your school with a suite of implementation activities.
To learn why we renew subjects, see Subject renewal and implementation.
Pathway to successful implementation
Implementation activities will be delivered through online PLATO courses and in-person workshops. To gain maximum benefit, it is recommended that you complete the online course before attending any workshops.
This flowchart is designed to guide you through activities used to successfully implement Stage 1 Dance at your school in 2020.
Step 1: Online PLATO course
The course includes:
- an overview of the changes
- sample task sheets
- sample learning and assessment plans
- possible pedagogical approaches
- a focus on extending the subject’s capabilities
Step 2: Workshops
- thinking about pedagogical approaches
- active and practical learning opportunities, including designing and critiquing learning and assessment plans and tasks
- capturing evidence