Subject renewal (implementation)
Subject renewal – implementation
To successfully teach Psychology as a renewed subject (Stage 1 in 2021 and Stage 2 in 2022), we are supporting you and your school with a suite of implementation activities.
To learn why we renew subjects, see Subject renewal and implementation.
Subject outline for 2021 and 2022
Pathway to successful implementation
Implementation activities will be delivered through online PLATO courses and in-person workshops. To gain maximum benefit, it is recommended that you complete the online course before attending any workshops.
This flowchart is designed to guide you through activities used to successfully implement Stage 1 Psychology at your school in 2021, and Stage 2 in 2022.
Step 1: Online PLATO course
The course may cover:
- an overview of the changes
- sample task sheets
- sample learning and assessment plans
- a marking activity
- possible pedagogical approaches
Course content will be confirmed and course registration available at a later date.
Step 2: Workshops
Workshops may cover:
- activities and reflection on refreshing pedagogy for teaching and assessing learning in Psychology
- practical learning opportunities for designing programs, learning and assessment plans, and tasks
Workshop content and registrations for workshops will be available at a later date.