Stage 1 in 2021
Psychology Stage 1
Stage 1 Psychology is a 10-credit subject or a 20-credit subject.
The topics in Stage 1 Psychology provide the framework for developing integrated programs of learning through which students extend their skills, knowledge, and understanding of the three strands of science.
The three strands of science to be integrated throughout student learning are:
- Science inquiry skills
- Science as a human endeavour
- Science understanding
The topics are:
- Topic 1: Cognitive Psychology
- Topic 2: Neuropsychology
- Topic 3: Lifespan Psychology
- Topic 4: Emotion
- Topic 5: Psychological Wellbeing
- Topic 6: Psychology in Context
- Topic 7: Negotiated Topic
For general information about Stage 1 subjects, see Teaching Stage 1.
For workshops and PLATO courses, see Professional learning.