Stage 2 | Subject Outline | Versions control
Music Performance — Ensemble
Accredited in June 2017 for teaching at Stage 2 from 2019.
Stage 2 | Subject outline | Capabilities | Critical and creative thinking
Critical and creative thinking
In this subject students extend and apply their critical and creative thinking capability by, for example:
- thinking critically and creatively about the nature and scope of creating and performing music
- applying their understanding of the nature and scope of music to make innovative choices in developing their own creative works
- expressing their ideas creatively through performances and/or compositions
- expressing their ideas critically in responding to their own creations and those of others
- synthesising musical understanding, skills, and techniques
- critiquing strategies for improving and refining their musical skills, technique, and accuracy
- using initiative in collaborating with other musicians
- applying their understanding of musical elements to deconstruct, analyse, and discuss how composers manipulate musical elements
- exploring and experimenting with how music is made.