Stage 2 | Subject outline | Version control
Accredited in July 2017 for teaching at Stage 2 from 2018.
Stage 2 | Subject outline | Learning requirements
The learning requirements summarise the knowledge, skills, and understanding that students are expected to develop and demonstrate through their learning in Stage 2 Modern History.
In this subject, students are expected to:
- understand and explore historical concepts
- understand and explore the role of ideas, people, and events in history
- analyse ways in which the development of the modern world has been shaped by both internal and external forces and challenges
- analyse interactions and relationships in the modern world, and their short-term and long-term impacts on national, regional, and/or international development
- apply the skills of historical inquiry to examine and evaluate sources and interpretations, and support arguments
- draw conclusions and communicate reasoned historical arguments.