Stage 1 | Subject outline | Version control
Accredited in August 2017 for teaching at Stage 1 from 2018.
Stage 1 | Subject outline | Learning requirements
The learning requirements summarise the knowledge, skills, and understanding that students are expected to develop and demonstrate through their learning in Stage 1 Modern History.
In this subject, students are expected to:
- understand and explore historical concepts
- understand and explore the role of ideas, people, and events in history
- analyse developments and/or movements in the modern world, and their short-term and long-term impacts
- analyse ways in which societies in the modern world have been shaped by both internal and external forces and challenges
- apply the skills of historical inquiry to examine and evaluate sources and interpretations, and support arguments
- draw conclusions and communicate reasoned historical arguments.