Japanese (continuers) Stage 1
Stage 1 Japanese (continuers) is a 10-credit subject or a 20-credit subject.
The subject is organised around three prescribed themes and a number of prescribed topics.
The three prescribed themes:
- The Individual
- The Japanese-speaking Communities
- The Changing World.
For a 10-credit subject, students should provide evidence of their learning in the four assessment types through the following five assessments:
- Assessment Type 1: Interaction - one interaction
- Assessment Type 2: Text Production - one text production
- Assessment Type 3: Text Analysis - one text analysis
- Assessment Type 4: Investigation - one response in Japanese, and one reflective response in English for the investigation.
Each assessment type should have a weighting of at least 20%.
For a 20-credit subject, students should provide evidence of their learning through ten assessments, with at least two assessments from each assessment type. The remaining assessments may be undertaken from any assessment type. Each assessment type should have a weighting of at least 20%.
For general information about Stage 1 subjects, see Teaching Stage 1.
For workshops and PLATO courses, see Professional learning.