Stage 2 | Subject Outline | Version control
English Literary Studies
For teaching in 2021. Accredited in May 2015 for teaching at Stage 2 from 2017.
Stage 2 | Subject outline | Learning requirements
The learning requirements summarise the knowledge, skills, and understanding that students are expected to develop and demonstrate through their learning in Stage 2 English Literary Studies.
In this subject, students are expected to:
- understand the relationship between author, text, and context
- analyse how ideas, perspectives, and values are represented in texts and how they are received by audiences
- analyse and compare texts, through the identification of the structural, conventional, and language and stylistic features used by authors
- use evidence to develop, support, and justify a critical interpretation of a text
- develop analytical responses to texts by considering other interpretations
- create oral, written, and/or multimodal texts that experiment with stylistic features by using and adapting literary conventions
- express ideas in a range of modes to create texts that engage the reader, viewer, or listener.