Stage 2 | Subject Outline | Version control
English Literary Studies
For teaching in 2021. Accredited in May 2015 for teaching at Stage 2 from 2017.
Stage 2 | Subject outline | Evidence of learning
Evidence of learning
All Stage 2 subjects have a school assessment component and an external assessment component.
The following assessment types enable students to demonstrate their learning in Stage 2 English Literary Studies:
School assessment (70%)
- Assessment Type 1: Responding to Texts (50%)
- Assessment Type 2: Creating Texts (20%)
External assessment (30%)
- Assessment Type 3: Text Study:
- Part A: Comparative Text Study (15%)
- Part B: Critical Reading (15%)
Students provide evidence of their learning through up to nine assessments, including the external assessment component. Students complete:
- up to five responses to texts
- two created texts
- two tasks for the text study (one comparative text study and one critical reading).