Stage 1 | Assessment Type 1: Investigations Folio
Assessment Type 1: Investigations Folio
The Biology investigations folio is assessed by the school.
Students inquire into aspects of biology through practical discovery and data analysis, and/or by selecting, analysing, and interpreting information.
- For a 10-credit subject, students undertake at least one practical investigation and one investigation with a focus on science as a human endeavour.
- For a 20-credit subject, students undertake at least two practical investigations and two investigations with a focus on science as a human endeavour.
For each investigation, students present an individual report.
- Evidence of deconstruction (where applicable) should outline the deconstruction process, the method designed as most appropriate, and a justification of the plan of action, to a maximum of 4 sides of an A4 page. This evidence must be attached to the practical report.
- The report should be a maximum of 1000 words (for the sections specified) if written, or a maximum of 6 minutes for an oral presentation, or the equivalent in multimodal form.
Science as a Human Endeavour Investigation
Students investigate a contemporary example of how science interacts with society
- Based on their investigation, students prepare a scientific communication, which must include the use of scientific terminology.
- The communication should be a maximum of 1000 words if written, or a maximum of 6 minutes for an oral presentation, or the equivalent in multimodal form.
Student work should be their own. See Supervision and verification of student work.
Task 01 - Cells and microorganisms.docx
Task 02 - SHE - Biodiversity and ecosystem dynamics.docx
Task 03 - Transfer of infectious disease.docx
Task 04 - Multicellular organisms.docx
Task 05 - SHE - Infectious diseases.docx
Task 06 - Practical investigation.docx
Task 07 - Effect of various factors digestive system enzymes.docx
Task 08 - SHE - Infectious diseases.docx
Task 09 - Biodiversity and ecosystem dynamics.docx
Task 10 - SHE - Biology in the garden.docx
Task 11 - Polymers Bio-Chem.docx
- Task 01 - Cells and microorganisms.docx