Biology Stage 1
Stage 1 Biology is a 10-credit subject or a 20-credit subject.
The three strands of science to be integrated throughout student learning are:
- science inquiry skills
- science as a human endeavour
- science understanding
The topics at Stage 1 are:
- Topic 1: Cells and microorganisms
- Topic 2: Infectious disease
- Topic 3: Multicellular organisms
- Topic 4: Biodiversity and ecosystem dynamics
For a 10-credit subject, students study a selection of concepts from at least two of these topics.
For a 20-credit subject, students study a selection of concepts from all four topics.
For general information about Stage 1 subjects, see Teaching Stage 1.
For workshops and PLATO courses, see Professional learning.