Web Content Display (Global)
Stage 1 moderation
Stage 1 moderation confirms that students have met the compulsory Stage 1 requirements of the SACE.
Stage 1 English and mathematics subjects and the Personal Learning Plan (PLP) are moderated. For most schools, only the C and D grades are moderated, as a C grade is the minimum grade required for these subjects.
Stage 1 moderation takes place each semester towards the end of the teaching and learning program.
For more on moderation requirements and results submission for Stage 1, see Moderation — Stage 1 (Information sheet 16) and Results submission — Stage 1 (Information sheet 28).
- Guidelines for responding to modified subjects review feedback [DOC 96KB]
- Guidelines for responding to Stage 1 moderation feedback [DOC 97KB]
- Stage 1 moderation and review schedule - semester 2, 2020
- Stage 1 moderation overview [DOC 1.5MB]
- Stage 1 moderation – roles and responsibilities [PDF 133KB]
- Stage 1 moderation 2020 [DOC 610KB]
- Preparation and submission of materials for Stage 1 moderation - flowchart [PDF 80KB]