Stage 2 | Subject Outline | Versions control
Music Performance — Solo
Accredited in June 2017 for teaching at Stage 2 from 2019.
Stage 2 | Subject outline | Learning requirements
The learning requirements summarise the knowledge, skills, and understanding that students are expected to develop and demonstrate through their learning in Stage 2 Music Performance — Solo.
In this subject, students are expected to:
- apply knowledge and understanding of style, structure, and conventions in performing musical works
- apply musical skills and techniques in refining and performing musical works
- interpret creative works and express musical ideas
- develop stage presence and skills in engaging an audience
- discuss key musical elements of their chosen repertoire
- critique and evaluate own learning within music.
Note: For the purposes of this subject a performer is an instrumentalist and/or a vocalist, and a performance may be solo or accompanied.