There are four stages in the quality assurance cycle: planning, clarifying, confirming, and improving. Workshops and forums are held during the year to support teachers in developing these stages.
- teaching and assessment planning
- task design using performance standards
- using the flexibility of the SACE to cater to individual students.
- applying performance standards
- using varied forms of assessment
- special provisions arrangements
- strategies for success in the literacy and numeracy requirements of the SACE.
- supervision and verification of student work
- preparing for moderation
- applying performance standards.
Improving involves using SACE data for evaluation and improvement.