Web Content Display (Global)
Results sheets — Stage 2 school assessment
Information sheet 54
Advice for teachers and SACE coordinators on the procedures for completing and submitting school assessment results sheets in Schools Online for Stage 2 school assessment types.
In Semester 1, Stage 2 school assessment results sheets are available for Research Project A and B (results due June).
In Semester 2, Stage 2 school assessment results sheets are available for all Stage 2 subjects, including Research Project A and B (results due December).
- For Stage 2 Physical Education this information sheet only applies to school assessment results sheets for Assessment Type 2: Folio. For information about school assessment results sheets for Assessment Type 1: Practical, which is moderated on site, see Information sheet 8.
- This information does not apply to school assessment results sheets for Stage 2 modified subjects (see Stage 1 and Stage 2 Modified Subjects Information and Guidelines 2018).
In Semester 1, school assessment results sheets are submitted in one round, for Research Project A and B (results due June).
- Research Project A — Folio, Research Outcome
- Research Project B — Folio, Research Outcome
In Semester 2, Stage 2 school assessment results sheets are submitted in two rounds, Round A and Round B.
|Aboriginal Studies||Learning journey; social action|
|Agricultural Production||Agricultural reports; applications|
|Agricultural Systems||Agricultural reports; applications|
|Ancient Studies||Skills and applications; connections|
|Australian Languages (all subjects)||Folio; text analysis|
|Business and Enterprise (10-credit)||Folio; practical|
|Business and Enterprise (20-credit)||Folio; practical; issues study|
|Child Studies||Practical activity; group activity|
|Composing and Arranging||Folio of minor works; commentary|
|Creative Arts||Product; investigation|
|Dance||Skills development; response|
|Drama (10-credit)||Folio; interpretative study|
|Drama (20-credit)||Group presentation; folio; interpretative study|
|English||Responding to texts; creating texts|
|Ensemble Performance||First performance, second performance|
|Food and Hospitality||Practical activity; group activity|
|Health||Group investigation and presentation; issues analysis; practical activity|
|Information Processing and Publishing||Practical skills; issues analysis|
|Media Studies||Folio; product|
|Music Individual Study||Folio; product|
|Music Technology||Folio – part 1; folio – part 2|
|Outdoor Education (10-credit)||Folio; group practical|
|Outdoor Education (20-credit)||Folio; group practical; self-reliant journey|
|Performance Special Study||First performance; second performance; commentary|
|Philosophy||Argument analysis; issues analysis|
|Religion Studies||Sources analysis; folio|
|Research Project A||Folio; research outcome|
|Research Project B||Folio; research outcome|
|Scientific Studies||Investigations folio; skills and applications tasks|
|Society and Culture||Folio; interaction|
|Solo Performance||First performance; second performance|
|Visual Arts–Art||Folio; practical|
|Visual Arts–Design||Folio; practical|
|Women's Studies||Text analysis; essay; folio|
|Accounting||Skills and applications tasks; report|
|Australian and International Politics||Folio; sources analysis; investigation|
|Biology||Investigations; folio; skills and applications tasks|
|Chemistry||Investigations; folio; skills and applications tasks|
|Community Studies A||Contract of work|
|Community Studies B||Folio|
|Cross-disciplinary Studies||Commentary; group project; presentation and discussion|
|Design and Technology||Skills and applications tasks; product|
|Earth and Environmental Science||Investigations folio; skills and applications tasks|
|Economics||Skills and applications tasks; folio|
|English as an Additional Language||Academic literacy study; responses to texts|
|English Literary Studies||Responding to texts; creating texts|
|Essential English||Responding to texts; creating texts|
|Essential Mathematics||Skills and applications tasks; folio|
|General Mathematics||Skills and applications tasks; mathematical investigations|
|Geography||Geographical skills and applications; fieldwork report|
|Information Technology||Folio; skills and applications tasks; project|
|Integrated Learning||Practical inquiry; connections|
|Language and Culture||Text analysis; interaction; text production|
|Languages (background speakers and continuers levels)||Folio; in-depth study|
|Languages (beginners level)||Interaction; text production; text analysis|
|Legal Studies||Folio; inquiry|
|Mathematical Methods||Skills and applications tasks; mathematical investigation|
|Modern History||Historical skills; historical study|
|Musical Styles||Skills development; investigation|
|Musicianship||Skills development; arrangement|
|Nutrition (10-credit)||Practical investigation; skills and applications tasks|
|Nutrition (20-credit)||Investigations folio; skills and applications tasks|
|Physics||Investigations folio; skills and applications tasks|
|Psychology (10-credit)||Group investigation; skills and applications tasks|
|Psychology (20-credit)||Investigations folio; skills and applications tasks|
|Specialist Mathematics||Skills and applications tasks; mathematical investigation|
|Tourism||Folio; practical activity; investigation|
|Workplace Practices||Folio; performance; reflection|
Results sheets in Schools Online
Schools access school assessment results sheets in Schools Online. These results sheets are available for the period shown below:
|School assessment round||Subjects||School assessment results sheets available in Schools Online||School assessment results sheets due at the SACE Board|
|Semester 1 (NT)||Research Project A and B (results due June)||Monday 14 May||Friday 29 June|
|Semester 1 (SA)||Research Project A and B (results due June)||Monday 14 May||Wednesday 4 July|
|Semester 2 — Round A||Subjects scheduled for Round A final moderation||Monday 10 September||Monday 12 November|
|Semester 2 — Round B||Subjects scheduled for Round B final moderation||Monday 10 September||Monday 19 November|
All student work for school assessment must be completed, submitted to the teacher, and assessed before the school assessment results sheets are completed.
The principal or the principal’s delegate verifies school assessment results and submits them to the SACE Board by the due date.
The due date for teachers in Schools Online is automatically set to 3 working days prior to the SACE Board due date to allow time for the principal or the principal’s delegate to check and verify the results before submitting them to the SACE Board. The principal or the principal’s delegate has the ability to adjust the teacher due dates for his or her school.
This is the final opportunity for schools to make enrolment changes (additions or withdrawals). Once results sheets have been submitted to the SACE Board, requests for changes will be approved by the relevant executive manager only in exceptional circumstances.
Advice for teachers
Teachers access school assessment results sheets in Schools Online in order to:
- record the final results for the students at their school
- select a sample of students whose school assessment work will be submitted for final moderation according to the sample selection parameters
- submit the results sheet including the teacher-selected moderation sample to the principal’s delegate of the assessment school for authorisation.
- submit materials for subjects selected for online submission.
For all other Stage 2 subjects (those not selected for online submission) schools use the Stage 2 School Assessment Results Sheet — Moderation Samples report in Schools Online to prepare student materials for collection for final moderation. This report is produced after teachers have completed the results sheet(s).
The SACE Board may invite schools to submit one or more additional moderation samples during the moderation period from Monday 19 November to Friday 14 December. School assessment work for students not included in the moderation sample should be readily accessible throughout the moderation period.
Schools are encouraged to keep school assessment materials for all students until the end of the clerical check period in February 2019.
The columns on the school assessment results sheets, reading from the left, are as follows:
- ‘Student Name’ — listing students’ names alphabetically.
- ‘Registration’ — listing the students’ SACE registration numbers.
- ‘A+ to E–’ — blank columns in which the teacher records student results from A+ to E– for each assessment type in a subject. When a student does not provide any evidence for an assessment type, the designation ‘I’ (for ‘insufficient evidence’) is recorded. For Community Studies subjects, results are recorded from A to E. The results sheet indicates the weighting of the assessment types as specified in the Stage 2 subject outline.
- ‘Sample’ — blank columns in which the teacher indicates the students whose school assessment work will be included in the sample of work to be submitted for final moderation.
- ‘Performance Standards Record’— is used by teachers of subjects selected for online submission to record the overall achievement against the subject performance standards.
- ‘Variations’ — is used by teachers of subjects selected for online submission to record details of any variations in moderation materials.
- ‘Student Materials’ — is used by teachers of subjects selected for online submission to submit student materials.
- ‘Combined grade’ — A combined school assessment grade A+ to E– is automatically calculated using the student’s results for each assessment type.
- ‘Withdrawn’ — tick the box in this column to withdraw a student’s enrolment from a subject. (Note that ‘Withdrawn’ is not printed on the student’s Record of Achievement.)
- To add an enrolment and results, select ‘Add student’ on the school assessment results sheet.
- Teachers should take care when entering results in each column.
- Teachers must check that all information on the school assessment results sheet is accurate before sending the completed results sheet to the principal or the principal’s delegate.
- Refer to Information sheet 3 for advice on completing Form 2 following a breach of rules by a student.
- Refer to Information sheet 58 for advice about special provisions for a student’s school assessment.
- Refer to Information sheet 55 for advice about variations in moderation materials
Requests for changes to results that have been submitted to the SACE Board will be approved by the Executive Manager, Curriculum and Assessment only in exceptional circumstances. Requested changes may require additional moderation. Any costs incurred for additional moderation may be passed on to the school.Back to top