Web Content Display (Global)
Assessment and academic integrity
Assessment and academic integrity means assessment is based on the work students have produced without undue assistance from other people or sources.
The SACE Board works in partnership with schools to uphold the highest standards of integrity by being focused on prevention, detection, and investigation of potential breaches.
The first step in prevention is achieved by raising students' awareness of the rules for undertaking SACE school and external assessments. This awareness is reinforced through a declaration signed by students. Preventing potential breaches is also achieved through in-person and technology assisted supervision and verification of student assessments.
The SACE Board in partnership with schools, share responsibility for the monitoring and detection of potential breaches in assessment. This is achieved by in-person invigilation and the use of technology.
The SACE Board, with schools, investigate potential breaches in Stage 2 external assessment and school assessment and decides on the outcomes.
- Breach of rules (previously information sheet 03)
- Breach of rules - form 2
- Electronic examination instruction guide
- Electronic exams (e-exams)
- External assessment and exams
- Exam rules
- Preparing for an exam - know the rules
- Supervision and verification and breaches of rules - guidelines and exemplars for teachers
- Supervision and verification of students' work
- Supervision and verification of students' work policy and procedures
- Written examinations - instructions to SACE coordinators
- Written examinations - invigilation instructions