Subject renewal (implementation)
Nutrition Subject renewal – implementation
To successfully teach Stage 1 and Stage 2 Nutrition as a renewed subject in 2021, we are supporting you and your school with a suite of implementation activities.
Renewed Stage 1 Nutrition is a 10-credit subject or a 20-credit subject. Renewed Stage 2 Nutrition is a 20-credit subject. Both Stage 1 and Stage 2 consist of the following interrelated concepts:
- Nutrition literacy and numeracy
- Principles of nutrition, physiology and health
- Health promotion and emerging trends
- Sustainable food systems
- Nutrition and technology
To learn why we renew subjects, see Subject renewal and implementation.
Pathway to successful implementation
Implementation activities will be delivered through online PLATO courses and in-person workshops. To gain maximum benefit, it is recommended that you complete the online course before attending any workshops.
This flowchart is designed to guide you through activities used to successfully implement Stage 1 and Stage 2 Nutrition at your school in 2021.
Step 1: Online PLATO course
The course will cover:
- an overview of the changes
- sample task sheets
- sample learning and assessment plans
- a marking activity
- possible pedagogical approaches
- a focus on extending the subject’s capabilities
Course will be available at a later date.
Step 2: Workshops
Workshops will cover:
- activities and reflection on refreshing pedagogy for teaching and assessing learning in Nutrition
- practical learning opportunities for designing programs, learning and assessment plans, and tasks
- student agency in the use of multimodal ways to present evidence of learning.
Workshops will be available at a later date.