Stage 2 Tourism is a 20-credit subject.
The content of the subject consists of themes and topics and practical tourism skills.
- Operations and Structures of the Tourism Industry
- Travellers’ Perceptions, and the Interaction of Host Community and Visitor
- Planning for and Managing Sustainable Tourism
- Applications of Technology in Tourism
- The Economics of Tourism
- Establishing a Tourism Venture
- Indigenous People and Tourism
- Management of Local Area Tourism
- The Impacts of Tourism
- Marketing Tourism
- Special Interest Tourism
- Responsible Travel
- The Role of Governments and Organisations in Tourism
- Tourism Industry Skills
- Negotiated Topic
Combining small classes
Refer to Assessment groups — Stage 2 (Information sheet 1) for information on combining classes to form an assessment group.
For general information about Stage 2 subjects, see Teaching Stage 2.
For workshops, PLATO courses, and Stage 2 assessment panels, see Professional learning.