Stage 1 Tourism is a 10-credit subject or a 20-credit subject.
The content of the subject consists of themes and topics and practical tourism skills. A 10-credit subject consist of three topics and a 20-credit subject consists of six topics.
- Understanding the Tourism Industry
- Identifying Visitors and Hosts
- Creating Sustainable Tourism
- Working in the Tourism Industry
- Investigating the History of Tourism
- Exploring Tourism in the Local Area
- Examining Local Impacts of Tourism
- Preparing for International Travel
- Understanding the Role of Organisations and Government in Tourism
- Examining Tourism and Technological Change
- Appreciating Tourism in Australia
- Investigating Tourism Markets
- Understanding Tourism and Natural Environments
- Tourism Industry Skills
- Negotiated Topic
For general information about Stage 1 subjects, see Teaching Stage 1.
For workshops and PLATO courses, see Professional learning.