Stage 1 | Subject outline | Version control
Spiritualities, Religion, and Meaning
Accredited in June 2021 for teaching at Stage 1 from 2022. Editorial changes may be made during the implementation process.
Stage 1 Religion Studies will be taught for the last time in 2022.
Stage 1 | Subject outline | Learning requirements
The learning requirements summarise the knowledge, skills, and understanding that students are expected to develop and demonstrate through their learning in Stage 1 Spiritualities, Religion, and Meaning.
In this subject, students are expected to:
- apply inquiry skills to research, analyse, and evaluate spiritual and/or religious perspectives on big ideas, enduring questions, or contemporary issues
- reflect on spiritual and/or religious concepts, experiences, beliefs, and values, and how they contribute to a sense of personal and shared meaning
- explore spiritual and/or religious perspectives and how they influence communities in local, national, and global contexts
- apply spiritual or religious principles to promote human, community, and planetary flourishing
- develop independent and collaborative communication skills to share ideas and express informed opinions.