The SACE Board subject outlines, external examinations, and quality assurance procedures ensure that SACE International prepares students for rigorous academic study through the necessary educational grounding while providing students with a world-class qualification.
SACE International subjects lead to a variety of university courses, depending on student choice. Students may complete the necessary subjects in one year, but there is flexibility for students to complete SACE International over a longer period. Students may also increase their university aggregate score by repeating subjects in the following year without penalty.
To qualify for the SACE and to meet Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) requirements, students must complete 90–100 credits from the following list of subjects*:
- English as an Additional Language (20 credits)
- English (20 credits)
- English Literary Studies (20 credits)
- Accounting (20 credits)
- Biology (20 credits)
- Chemistry (20 credits)
- Economics (20 credits)
- Information Technology (20 credits)
- Legal Studies (20 credits)
- Malay Background Speakers (20 credits)
- Nutrition (10 credits or 20 credits)
- Physics (20 credits)
- Psychology (20 credits)
- Research Project (10 credits)
- Specialist Mathematics (20 credits).
* Please note, these subject outlines have been developed for South Australian students who complete both Stage 1 and Stage 2 of the South Australian Certificate of Education. SACE International students are required to complete Stage 2 of a subject only.