Stage 2 in 2022 | Assessment Type 3: Examination | UPDATED July 2022
Stage 2 in 2022
Assessment Type 3: Examination
Students undertake a 130-minute online examination.
Students use their understanding of psychology to answer questions that assess their:
- Stage 2 Psychology science inquiry skills
- science understanding of Topic 4: Social Influence
- science understanding of Topic 5: The Psychology of Learning
- will be of different types, including, but not limited to, short-answer and extended-response questions
- may require students to show an understanding of science as a human endeavour
- may require students to apply their science understanding from both topics.
The following specific features of the assessment design criteria for this subject may be assessed in the external exam:
- knowledge and application — KA1, KA2, KA3 and KA4
- investigation, analysis and evaluation – IAE1, IAE3, and IAE4
Student work should be their own. See Supervision and verification of student work.
Preparing for the exam
There are many ways to prepare for an exam. Resources specifically for Psychology are available below.
In 2022 a new Subject Outline for Psychology has been implemented. As exams aligned to the new subject outline become available, they will be uploaded.
Stage 2 | Assessment Type 3: Examination (20-credit) (2) | UPDATED July 2022
Sample Exam Questions
Sample questions reflect the types of questions students may be asked in future electronic exams. Questions may include media types which have not been possible in a paper exam (e.g. watching a video and responding).
Sample questions/exams may not be provided for each year. They are only published when there is a significant change to the subject outline/exam, such as a new question type or new functionality in the e-exam.
Please note: some questions in the example questions above require external content. This can be accessed by selecting the URL and dragging it into a browser. URL links are provided in
- Example short-answer questions 2022 - Question 6
- Example extended-response questions 2022 - Question 1.
Live exams will have the sources in the exam, students will not be able to access external content.