Stage 1 | Subject outline | version control
Stage 1 | Subject outline | Capabilities | Ethical understanding
Students extend and apply their ethical understanding capability by, for example:
- considering how they can contribute to a civilised and democratic society
- engaging with ethical concepts, taking a moral position, and developing the critical and collective responsibility that underpins political ethics
- using appropriate, ethical, and safe research processes to evaluate their findings against criteria related to human rights, citizenship, economic prosperity, social advancement, and environmental conservation
- observing appropriate protocols when communicating with members of the community, in order to explore political and ethical issues and learn to be accountable for decisions that they make as members of a democratic community
- examining the shared beliefs, values, rights, and responsibilities relating to citizenship, in the context of diversity.