Global | Stage 1 & Stage 2 | Assessment | Assessment Guidelines
The document SACE Assessment and Reporting - Guidelines for Teachers (available below) describes the processes for using grades and performance standards to assess and report student achievement in SACE subjects at Stage 1 and Stage 2. They outline:
- the relationship between grades and performance standards
- how performance standards are used in the assessment process
- the role of teachers in assessing and reporting student achievement at Stage 1 and Stage 2
- the SACE Board's role in confirming standards and reporting results
- how school assessment and external assessment are combined in Stage 2 subjects
- what happens when there is missing or insufficient evidence of learning in a Stage 1 or Stage 2 subject.