Stage 2 | Assessment Type 3: Examination (20-credit) (1)
Assessment Type 3: Examination (20-credit)
For a 20-credit subject, students undertake a 130-minute external examination, which is divided into two parts:
- Part 1 consists of short-answer and analytical questions that enable students to apply their learning in a variety of contexts related to the core topics and investigation skills.
- In Part 2, students choose one extended-response question related to one of the option topics.
The following specific features of the assessment design criteria for this subject may be assessed in the external examination:
- investigation — I1 and I4
- analysis and evaluation — AE1 and AE2
- application — A1 and A2
- knowledge and understanding — KU1, KU2, and KU3.
Preparing for the exam
There are many ways to prepare for an exam. Resources specifically for Nutrition are available below.
Content in past exams may not be reflective of content in future exams.
Stage 2 | Assessment Type 3: Examination (20-credit) (2)
Sample exams better reflect the types of questions students may be asked in future electronic exams. Questions may include media types which have not been possible in a paper exam (e.g. watching a video and responding).
Sample exams may not be provided for each year. They are only published when there is a significant change to the exam, like a new question type or new functionality.