IEA | Events | Assessment Conference 2017
IEA Conference 2017
'Impact of 21st Century learning and capabilities on classroom assessment'
On 9 June 2017, the Institute of Educational Assessors held its annual conference at Education Development Centre (EDC) at Hindmarsh.
The conference provided a valuable opportunity for educators of all experience levels and from across all sectors to come together to strengthen their expertise in assessment.
This year's conference featured Emeritus Professor Gordon Stobart - University College London. Professor Stobart, a founding member of the Assessment Reform Group and leading researcher in the field of educational assessment. Prof. Stobart provided his insights into the disruption 21st Century learning and the General Capabilities are having on global education systems.
The conference also offered a range of sessions highlighting assessment practices, and sharing case studies of graduates of the Certified Educational Assessors course.
Assessment Masterclass with Prof. Gordon Stobart
'Leaders driving reform in 21st Century learning and assessment'
The IEA hosted an Assessment Masterclass with Professor Stobart on the evening of7 June 2017. This event provided principals and school leaders with a broad history of global assessment reform and the local and international policy rhetoric which calls for a new kind of learning to face the challenges of the 21st century.
Assessment Conference 2017
- Case Study Presentation - Catherine Pearce - QA processes738KB
- Case Study Presentation - Marianne Farrugia - Professional learning in assessment1.9MB
- Case Study Presentation - Rachael Holland - Assessment Data and its uses4.8MB
- Case Study Presentation - Rosslyn Mattner - Effective Feedback474KB
- Case Study Presentation - Susann Phair - Using timely and specific feedback1.2MB
- IEA Assessment Conference 2017 - Official Program70KB
- Keynote Presentation 1 - Prof. Gordon Stobart - Effective learning - how can we encourage it2.2MB
- Keynote Presentation 2 - Prof. Gordon Stobart - Expert learning and teaching4.4MB
- Case Study Presentation - Catherine Pearce - QA processes