IEA | About
About the IEA
The Institute of Educational Assessors (IEA) is the professional learning arm of the SACE Board. Our goal is to improve student learning and outcomes by providing educators with opportunities to enhance their expertise in educational assessment.
We recognise that:
- quality educational assessment has a significant impact on improving student learning
- assessment is integral to pedagogy and informing teacher practice
- innovation and research in educational assessment can be used to improve student outcomes.
We offer a number of services to support teachers and schools at all levels:
- Assessment for Educators course targeted at onsite, school-wide delivery
- Certified Educational Assessor course for individual teachers. From 2019 this course will be offered in a blended online and face-to-face delivery mode
- Program evaluation services (such as external evaluation of government grant funded programs)
- Critical advice services, particularly around curriculum and assessment system change.