Web Content Display (Global)
Subject assessment advice and past examinations
Subject assessment advice (formerly chief assessors' reports) are based on the previous year's assessment cycle. This advice gives an overview of how students performed in their school and external assessments in relation to the learning requirements, assessment design criteria, and performance standards set out in the relevant subject outline. They provide information and advice regarding the assessment types, the application of the performance standards in school and external assessments, and the quality of student performance.
Teachers should refer to the subject outline for specifications on content and learning requirements, and to the subject operational information for operational matters and key dates.
Listening and responding texts
Subject assessment advice
- 2016 English as a Second Language - Chief Assessor's Report57KB
- 2016 English as Second Language Studies - Chief Assessor's Report62KB
- 2017 English as an Additional Language Subject Assessment Advice1.7MB
- 2018 English as an Additional Language Subject Assessment Advice1.8MB
- 2019 English as an Additional Language Subject Assessment Advice6.1MB
- 2020 English as an Additional Language Subject Assessment Advice837KB
- 2016 English as a Second Language - Chief Assessor's Report