Stage 2 | Subject Outline | Version control
Accredited in May 2016 for teaching at Stage 2 from 2018.
Stage 2 | Subject outline | Learning requirements
The learning requirements summarise the knowledge, skills, and understanding that students are expected to develop and demonstrate through their learning in Stage 2 Ancient Studies.
In this subject, students are expected to:
- understand and analyse historical concepts
- demonstrate knowledge and understanding of texts, artefacts, ideas, events, people, and institutions of the ancient world
- demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the political, social, cultural, and/or economic diversity in the ancient world
- apply inquiry skills to analyse and evaluate sources and perspectives, and synthesise evidence
- research and understand the ideas and innovations that emerged from the ancient world, and consider their influence
- communicate ideas and arguments, using a range of evidence and subject-specific language.