Stage 1 | Subject Outline | Version control
Accredited in May 2016 for teaching at Stage 1 from 2017.
Stage 1 | Subject outline | Learning requirements
The learning requirements summarise the knowledge, skills, and understanding that students are expected to develop and demonstrate through learning in Stage 1 Ancient Studies.
In this subject, students are expected to:
- demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the nature of historical and/or archaeological evidence
- demonstrate knowledge and understanding of texts, artefacts, ideas, events, and/or people
- understand life in the ancient world, including beliefs, attitudes, and/or values
- apply inquiry skills to analyse and evaluate sources and perspectives, and synthesise evidence
- research and understand the ideas and innovations that emerged from the ancient world, and consider their influence
- communicate ideas and arguments, using subject-specific language.