Web Content Display (Global)
Subject outlines online
The SACE Board continues to update its processes and improve the tools we provide to modern-day educators, to reflect changing ways of working. As SACE processes, such as online submission of student materials and e-exams move to a digital environment, the transition of subject outlines from document-based format to digital content is a natural progression of this work.
We consulted with over 600 teachers, SACE coordinators and school leaders to learn how our subject outlines are being used and how we could best transform them to streamlined, dynamic digital content. Our consultation process identified some key requirements, such as:
- easy access to version information and changes to a subject outline
- simple navigation and the ability to easily print any digital content
- the need to be able to access performance standards in Word document format.
These features have been included in the new subject outline online digital content structure.
What are the benefits?
There are significant benefits to transitioning our subjects to digital content. It enables educators and students to access specific information from the subject outline easily; interact with other relevant content on the SACE website quickly and intuitively; and access the content on any device. It also improves accessibility for those who use assistive technologies.
Subjects transition during 2020
- Stage 1 Aboriginal Studies
- Stage 2 Aboriginal Studies
- Stage 1 Accounting
- Stage 2 Accounting
- Stage 1 Ancient Studies
- Stage 2 Ancient Studies
- Stage 1 Business Innovation
- Stage 2 Business Innovation
- Stage 1 Dance
- Stage 2 Dance
- Stage 1 Design, Technology and Engineering
- Stage 2 Design, Technology and Engineering
- Stage 1 Drama
- Stage 2 Drama
- Stage 1 Economics
- Stage 2 Economics
- Stage 1 English
- Stage 2 English
- Stage 2 English Literary Studies
- Stage 1 Essential English
- Stage 2 Essential English
- Stage 1 Geography
- Stage 2 Geography
- Stage 1 Health and Wellbeing
- Stage 2 Health and Wellbeing
- Stage 1 Integrated Learning
- Stage 2 Integrated Learning
- Stage 1 Legal Studies
- Stage 2 for Legal Studies
- Stage 1 Modern History
- Stage 2 Modern History
- Stage 1 Outdoor Education
- Stage 2 Outdoor Education
- Stage 1 Politics, Power, and People
- Stage 2 Politics, Power, and People
Web Content Display (Global)
When will they be available?
Subject outlines will transition to digital content format over the next three years. Once transitioned, subject outlines will be made available in Term 4 of the year before they are taught.
We will keep the education community informed through our usual communications channels. This will include information on which subject outlines will be presented as digital content for 2021.
Which subjects have been transitioned to digital content?
|Stage 1||Stage 2|
|Dance||Stage 1||Stage 2|
|Design, Technology and Engineering||Stage 1||Stage 2|
|Drama||Stage 1||Stage 2|
|Economics||Stage 1||Stage 2|
|English||Stage 1||Stage 2|
|English Literary Studies||n/a||Stage 2|
|Essential English||Stage 1||Stage 2|
|Geography||Stage 1||Stage 2|
|Health and Wellbeing||Stage 1||Stage 2|
|Integrated Learning||Stage 1||Stage 2|
|Legal Studies||Stage 1||Stage 2|
|Modern History||Stage 1||Stage 2|
|Outdoor Education||Stage 1||Stage 2|
|Politics, Power and People||Stage 1||Stage 2|
Last updated: 14/10/2020