Effective communication practices:
- assist teachers to carry out the school’s assessment policy and procedures
- provide students and their families with quality assessment information.
In reviewing communication practices, the key question for schools is: 'How effectively are assessment policies, procedures, and outcomes communicated to staff, students, and families?'
- Read more about communication practices in the SACE Self-Review Tool (SRT) framework [PDF 45KB]
These materials can assist schools in reviewing, improving, and monitoring the effectiveness of their communication practices. They offer some of the possible approaches used by schools.
- Advice for Writing Policy [DOC 35KB]
- Assessment and Reporting Policy — Exemplar [DOC 69KB]
- Using Google Docs to Plan and Communicate Assessment Deadlines — Advice [DOC 1.7MB]
- Student Diary SACE Information Insert — Exemplar [DOC 71KB]
- SACE Policy Overview [DOC 57KB]
- Completion and Submission of Work Policy — Exemplar [DOC 96KB]