Thanks to a $10.6 million funding package in the 2016–17 State Budget, we will be modernising the SACE, to ensure it remains relevant, high quality, effective and internationally recognised in an ever-changing global context.
We know we already have an excellent qualification, but there's still much we can do to enhance the way we interact with students and schools — and really make a difference for young South Australians preparing themselves for work, training or further education.
We will, over time, modernise all key functions and procedures including online provision of teacher support (‘clarifying forums’), online moderation and marking, and, ultimately, on-screen examinations from 2018.
At the same time, we will be streamlining administrative processes, so that teachers are able to spend more time with students, and the SACE Board can focus on better supporting schools and teachers.
It follows that, as new technologies and media drive changes in teaching, learning and assessment, we also have the opportunity to strengthen SACE subjects. To that end, we will continue our program of subject renewal to ensure that subjects are contemporary, forward-thinking, and globally relevant.
These changes will happen progressively over the next five years, and we look forward to implementing this agenda of change and opportunity.
We know consultation and collaboration will be paramount, and will be working with all of our key stakeholders and partners to realise our shared goal of improving outcomes for young people in the 21st century.
Dr Neil McGoran
Chief Executive, SACE Board of South Australia
- Media release: SACE modernisation part of $548 million investment in education [PDF 22KB]
- SACE modernisation 2016–2020 [PDF 816KB]
- SACE Board Strategic Plan 2016–2020
- Online submission of assessment material for Stage 2 subjects - ICT staff - April 2017
- Online submission of assessment material for Stage 2 subjects - Teachers - April 2017
- Letter to ICT Staff - March 2017 [PDF 303KB]
- Online submission subjects - Letter to SACE coordinators February 2017 [PDF 129KB]
- SACE information sheet - Accepted file names [PDF 367KB]
- Letter to Principals - January 2017 [PDF 123KB]
Resources for teachers and schools
- Online submission of materials
More instructional videos and FAQs will soon be available for teachers.
Please visit again in the coming weeks, or follow the SACE Board on Twitter for real-time updates.