Web Content Display (Global)
Results sheets — Stage 2 investigations
Information sheet 53
External assessment components other than performances and examinations are categorised as ‘investigations’ for operational purposes.
Investigations are assessed by teachers and external markers who are appointed by the SACE Board, with reference to the performance standards for the relevant subject.
Results for subjects with an investigation as the external assessment component should be submitted using the Stage 2 investigations results sheets in Schools Online.
The investigation is submitted to the SACE Board after it has been marked by the teacher.
A student who does not attempt an external assessment will receive a zero for the external assessment component, and a scaled score of zero.
In Semester 1, Stage 2 investigation results sheets are submitted in one round for Research Project A and B (results due June).
- Research Project A — Review
- Research Project B — Evaluation
In Semester 2, Stage 2 investigation results sheets are submitted in three rounds — Round 1, Round 2, and Round 3 — according to the schedule for marking. The subjects in each round are listed below.
|Agricultural Production||Production investigation|
|Agricultural Systems||Experimental investigation|
|English Literary Studies||Comparative text study|
|Food and Hospitality||Investigation|
|Scientific Studies||Practical investigation|
|Society and Culture||Investigation|
|Visual Arts — Art||Visual study|
|Visual Arts — Design||Visual study|
|Business and Enterprise (10-credit subject)||Issues study|
|Business and Enterprise (20-credit subject)||Report|
|Design and Technology||Folio|
|Earth and Environmental Science||Earth systems study|
|Essential English||Language study|
|Information Processing and Publishing||Product and documentation|
|Integrated Learning||Personal endeavour|
|Language and Culture||Investigation|
|Women’s Studies||Issues analysis|
|Australian Languages (all subjects)||Issues study|
|Community Studies A||Reflection|
|Community Studies B||Community application activity|
|Composing and Arranging||Major work|
|Creative Arts||Practical skills|
|Music Individual Study||Report|
|Music Technology||Major project|
|Nutrition (10-credit subject)||Issues investigation|
|Psychology (10-credit subject)||Individual investigation|
|Research Project A||Review|
|Research Project B||Evaluation|
Results sheets in Schools Online
Schools access Stage 2 investigation results sheets in Schools Online. These results sheets are available for the periods shown below:
|Marking round||Subjects||Investigation results sheets available in Schools Online||Investigation results sheets due at the SACE Board|
|Semester 1||Research Project A and B (results due June)||Monday 14 May||Friday 22 June|
|Semester 2 — Round 1||Subjects scheduled for Round 1 marking||Monday 10 September||Tuesday 25 September|
|Semester 2 — Round 2||Subjects scheduled for Round 2 marking||Monday 10 September||Thursday 25 October|
|Semester 2 — Round 3||Subjects scheduled for Round 3 marking||Monday 10 September||Thursday 1 November|
All student work for external assessment must be completed, submitted to the teacher, and assessed before the investigations results sheets are completed.
The principal’s delegate verifies investigation results sheets and submits them to the SACE Board by the due date.
The due date for teachers in Schools Online is automatically set to 3 working days prior to the SACE Board due date to allow time for the principal’s delegate to check and verify the results before submitting them to the SACE Board. The principal’s delegate has the ability to adjust the teacher due dates for his or her school.
Advice for teachers
Teachers access Stage 2 investigation results sheets in Schools Online in order to:
- record students’ final external assessment results for the investigation
- submit the completed results sheet to the principal or the principal’s delegate.
- submit materials for subjects selected for online submission.
The columns on the investigation results sheets, reading from the left, are as follows:
- ‘Student Name’ — listing students’ names alphabetically.
- ‘Registration’ — listing the students’ SACE registration numbers.
- ‘Evaluation Max. 30’ — blank column in which the teacher records student results as a mark out of 30 for the external assessment type in a subject. When a student does not provide any evidence for the assessment type, the student should be withdrawn.
- ‘Grade’ — this column is automatically populated with a grade A+ to E– that corresponds to the mark out of 30 entered in the previous column.
- ‘Special Provisions’ — this column will show ‘P’ (pending) once the SACE Board has received an application for special provisions, ‘Y’ when the application has been considered and approved, and ‘N’ when the application has been considered and special provisions have not been granted.
- ‘Potential Breaches’ — tick the box in this column to indicate a potential breach of rules by a student.
- ‘Withdrawn’ — tick the box in this column to withdraw the student’s external assessment component. (Note a ‘withdraw’ on the investigation online results sheet does not withdraw the student from the subject.)
- ‘Student Materials’ — is used by teachers of subjects selected for online submission to submit student materials
- To add an enrolment and results, select ‘Add student’ on the investigations results sheet.
- Teachers should take care when entering results in each column.
- Teachers must check that all information on the investigations results sheet is accurate before sending the completed results sheet to the principal or the principal’s delegate.
- Teacher’s results must not be revealed to students.
- Refer to Information sheet 3 for advice on completing Form 2 following a breach of rules by a student.
- Refer to Information sheet 58 for advice about submitting an application for special provisions in an externally assessed investigation (Form 31) for a student.
Requests for changes to results that have been submitted to the SACE Board will be approved by the Executive Manager, Curriculum and Assessment only in exceptional circumstances. Requested changes may require additional marking. Any costs incurred for additional marking may be passed on to the school.
For subjects with student materials that are collected from schools by the SACE Board courier, teachers will be prompted to print the Stage 2 Investigation Packing Checklist in Schools Online. (See Information sheet 51).Back to top